This session will navigate a human centered approach to violence prevention. We will explore Workplace Violence Prevention interventions including practical approaches to workforce wellness, continuous monitoring systems and skill building. We will share our experience and current initiatives to reduce the impact of violence in healthcare to spark conversation and share ideas you can apply in your workplace.
Presentation topics include:
- Understand different approaches and strategies for workplace violence prevention interventions to include the following areas:
- Administrative (policies, procedures & reporting)
- Behavioral (skill building, debriefing and developing community and rest opportunities)
- Controls (monitoring, environmental assessment, panic buttons, mirrors & locks)
- Appreciate practical implementation best practices and challenges in healthcare.
- Recognize the cultural elements of a workforce first and continuous readiness approach to workplace violence prevention in healthcare.
Click here to register.
Wednesday, April 26, 2023: 11 a.m.- 12 p.m. (PT)
Danielle Kehler, JD
Interim Lead of Human Resources
UC Davis Health
Danielle Kehler joined UC Davis Health in August 2019, where she serves as a Director in Human Resources. She oversees Employee & Labor Relations and Workplace Violence Prevention across a healthcare system with over 16,000 employees. Prior to joining UC Davis, she worked for the Veterans Health Administration for ten years, serving in a variety of capacities including Practice Management, Director of Organizational Improvement and Chief of Employee & Labor Relations, in both Northern and Southern California. Danielle is a master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, Certified Mediator, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.
Her favorite part of working in human resources is that the work provides infinite possibilities to explore how humans, navigate and adapt to change. When it comes to workplace violence prevention, Danielle believes investing in employees is the best way an organization can provide a healthy working environment.
HQI is an approved continuing education (CE) provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing and will provide CHPSO members an opportunity to earn CEs. Provider Number CEP16793 for 1.0 contact hour.
Please contact CHPSO at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.