Early adoption has surged for HQI’s new Hospital Quality Improvement Platform — a quality analytics system that consolidates disparate data sources into a single, statewide platform. The platform is available free of charge to all California Hospital Association members.
Since launching in October 2019, 33 hospitals have already completed the participation process and 128 have participation agreements under review to join them.
The secure, web-based platform provides risk-adjusted episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital quality initiatives. Through the platform, hospitals gain access to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify opportunities for improvement and areas for focus.
- Access to hospital performance data from various sources, integrated into a centralized platform.
- Tools to understand your hospital’s quality performance and compare standardized measures to statewide benchmarks and peers.
- Explore same year quality performance for your hospital, rather than waiting 8-20 months for statewide files to be released.
- An intuitive interface that provides a window into inpatient and emergency quality indicators.
- Secure data within HIPAA-qualified encrypted data systems.
- Inpatient episode quality and efficiency
- Patient safety indicators (PSIs)
- Case mix demographics, comorbidities, index
- Healthcare-associated infections (NHSN HAIs)
- Cancer surgery volumes
- Sepsis incidence and mortality
- CMS hospital-acquired conditions (DRA HAC and HACRP)
- ED discharge analytics (comorbidities, volume, demographics, revisits)
- Maternity measures
- Adverse drug events (anticoagulants, glycemic control, and opioids)
Three Easy Steps to Participate:
- Execute the participation agreements (Business Associated Agreement & Master Service Agreement).
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department, ambulatory surgery, and inpatient discharge data files.
- Join HQI’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) group.
To schedule a demo or for more information, email HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org.