At October’s annual conference, HQI launched the Hospital Quality Improvement Platform — a system that consolidates disparate data sources into a single, statewide platform. Its reports and benchmarking tools fuel improvement with intelligence, providing hospital leaders with invaluable quality performance analytics.
To date, 339 hospitals have been contacted for participation; of those, 185 responded favorably. Eighty hospitals are conducting an internal level review, while four have already executed agreements and are submitting data.
Our secure, web-based platform provides risk-adjusted episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital quality initiatives. Through the platform, hospitals gain access to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and areas for focus. Platform features include:
- Access to hospital performance data from various sources, integrated into a centralized platform
- Tools to understand your hospital’s quality performance and compare to statewide benchmarks and peers
- An intuitive interface that provides a window into inpatient and emergency quality indicators
- Secure data within HIPAA-qualified encrypted data systems.
The Hospital Quality Improvement Platform is available free of charge to all California Hospital Association members.
- Execute the participation agreement (including BAA + Participation Agreement).
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department, ambulatory surgery, and inpatient discharge data files for calendar year 2019 and most recent/current period going forward.
- Join HQI’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) group to allow HQI to view data submitted to NHSN.
Quality measures include:
- Adverse drug events
- ED discharge analytics
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Hospital-acquired conditions
- Inpatient quality indicators
- Length of stay
- Maternal measures
- Patient safety indicators
- Sepsis incident
For more information, email HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org.